2014年6月22日星期日

Dig the Pumpkin

Date: 16th June 2014
Day: Monday
Time: 4:00-5:00pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Yummy, Yummy Food
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Dig the Pumpkin

Today, I brought in the pumpkin into the class again. The children asked what are we going to do with the pumpkin.



I refer back to the book that I had shared with the children – “How many seeds in a pumpkin?” before we start digging.

I laid down some newspaper on the floor. I wanted to cut the pumpkin top off. However, after a while, I find it pretty difficult.

Teacher: What shall I do now, children?
Pin Jee: Cut like this. (He showed me the action by poking the knife. So I did. It didn’t work. He grinned.)
Teacher: So, what should I do?
Pin Jee: Like cut durian. Your knife no good.
Teacher: The knife I used cannot cut?
Edmund. Yes, cannot cut.

Therefore, I went and changed another knife which is much shorter and smaller. This time, I changed the way of cutting the pumpkin. Instead of cutting the top part off, I cut the pumpkin into half. Finally, the pumpkin had been cut open. The children cheered. Since we have 2 halves pumpkin each, I got the children to sit in two groups with spoon and a bowl each.


Without hesitate, they started to dig the pumpkin seeds out onto their bowl. 













没有评论:

发表评论