2014年7月3日星期四

Making ice-cream in 10 minutes

Date: 2nd July 2014
Day: Wednesday
Time: 4:00-5:00pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Yummy, Yummy Food
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Making ice-cream in 10 minutes

Today, I got those necessary ingredients ready for making the 10-minutes ice-cream. I have not tried this before. Put my finger cross that hopefully the experiment will be a success.

The ingredients that I have prepared are as followed:
- 200ml whipping cream,
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- some cocoa powder
- 2 packets of ice cube
- 4 tablespoon of salt

After introducing all the ingredients, I pour in all the ingredients into the small container that I got and get all the children to take turn to shake it as hard as they could.

Then I placed some ice cube into a bigger tin and put in the small container in the middle. Once the children had filled up the big tin with ice cube4, I put all the salt in it and covered it tightly. We wrapped up the big tin with a towel and secured the towel with a rubber band. Then I gave the children a bigger bath towel for them to roll the big tin on it. However, the children didn’t know exactly how to roll it, therefore, the big tin kept falling on to the ground and finally, the cover broke open. The ice cream had not formed yet. We lost some ice cube. Hurriedly, I got some children to refill the ice cube in it and quickly got some more salt to be put in. This time, I told the children to try to roll it on the floor instead of on the towel.

Zen Hong carried the bigger tin to be placed onto the towel.

The children started to roll the tin on the towel. 

Oops, it dropped onto the floor.

The children were laughing when the tin was being placed back onto the towel.


I thought of letting the children to roll it on their own but they didn’t have the strength to roll it as the big tin was wrapped up with a towel. The big tin will somehow stop in the middle of the way before reaching to the other end though the distance was quite short.

The children needed more strength to roll it more vigorously. So I have to join them in rolling the tin back and fro. With such vigorously action of rolling the tin for 10 minutes, finally, when we opened the small container, the ice cream was formed! The children cheered in joy and hurriedly they quickly picked up a spoon and wanted to taste the ice cream.


“Hmm…yummy!!”
“The ice cream is delicious!”

The children said after eating the ice cream for more than 3 rounds. 

没有评论:

发表评论