2014年7月1日星期二

Ice cream has Calcium too

Date: 1st July 2014
Day: Tuesday
Time: 4:00-5:00pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Yummy, Yummy Food
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Ice cream has Calcium too

When I told the children that ice cream has calcium too, the group discussion became a little out of control as all the children wanted to share their thoughts about ice cream.

Pin Jee: I ate Mcdonald ice cream.
Yi Xuan: Strawberry ice cream.
Thong Xuan: I like to eat strawberry ice cream too.
Jayden: (pointing to a picture of a Popsicle) I like this.
Thong Xuan: My uncle buy me popsicle from 99. (99 is a name of a supermarket.)
Pin Jee: I like Popsicle too.

I also showed them a science experiment to make ice cream by using ice cube and salt. The children were quite interested to know more. Therefore, I played them a video showing the method of doing the ice cream in 10 minutes. However, the video is in Mandarin, therefore, I’m not going to share it here.

If we managed to get the entire ingredients ready by tomorrow, we might be able to try out that science experiment.


没有评论:

发表评论