2016年4月12日星期二

Pink Colour

Date: 5th April 2016
Day: Tuesday
Time: 3:00-4:00 pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Amazing Colours
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Pink Colour

The children had learned to give examples of things in the respective colours that we worked on earlier. Today, I wanted the children to suggest activity that we could do with pink colour.

Gaby: T-shirt.
Teacher: How do we do T-shirt?
Gaby: pink T-shirt. (She didn't manage to get the meaning of my question.)
Teacher: We can think of a way to do something related to T-shirt with pink.
Shan Lin: flower
Teacher: Flower? Oh, we might be able to dye the flower into pink.
Yi Rou: Yes, people die, give flowers.
Teacher: Oh, not that "die". I mean "dye", you change colour of something into a new colour. You can dye your hair. (Suddenly, the rooms were fill with chatters about the colours of hair that they saw on the streets or even their family members.)
Children: The clown has red hair...... My mum's hair is brown.....
Teacher: I can get a flower. What colour should I get? How do we get pink colour?
Shan Lin: Red and white.
Teacher: Ok, maybe I should get a white colour flower and dye it with some red food colouring. That's a good idea. Any other suggestions?
Max: play dough?!
Teacher: You mean you want to do a play dough? Pink play dough?
Max: Yes.
Teacher: That's a good idea too. We can prepare some flour for that. Anyone else?
(The room is silence suddenly. Ok, I guess that's all. I shall prepare the necessary things for the pink colour theme.)

We postponed the dream catcher project for the time being as some of the materials are not ready for the next step.


没有评论:

发表评论