2013年9月20日星期五

Drawing a Tree

Date: 19th September 2013
Day: Thursday
Time: 4:30-5:30pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Drawing a Tree

The children related brown colour to tree naturally. Therefore, we had a discussion about the parts of the tree. I drew a picture of the tree trunk with some branches on the white board.

Teacher: Let’s draw a tree here. Alright, do you know the name of this part of the tree? (pointing to the trunk)
Emerson: Log.
Li Heng: Log.
Teacher: Log is when we cut it from the trunk. This is called a trunk.
(Then, I named the branches.)
Teacher: What about this? (I pointed to the small branches from the big branches)
Children: Twig. (Wow, they still remember this from their Phonics class)
Teacher: You are right! Let say if we want to use our body to paint a tree trunk, which part of the body will you use?
Kwan Ming: Here. (he is pointing to his body)
Yee Jie: Stomach. (He pulled up his shirt.)
Teacher: Do you want me to paint your body with the water paint? (Immediately, they shook their head. Then I stretch my body and waved to them to give them hints.)
Kwan Ming: Oh, I know. Hand.
Teacher: Yes, our hand and fingers which looks like a trunk and branches.


Therefore, we started our water painting. I coloured the children’s hand palm until their elbow. They started to laugh as they feel tickle. Anyhow, we managed to complete all the hand print for today. We shall go out to observe a real tree before putting all the leaves and other things on the picture. 



没有评论:

发表评论