2016年8月15日星期一

Seahorse

Date: 15th August 2016
Day: Monday
Time: 3:00-4:00 pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Beautiful Sea Creatures
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Seahorse

Today, I brought in the book that Shan Lin brought us earlier that she wanted to share about seahorse. Seahorse is one of the fish where the male will take care of the eggs until it hatches. The female seahorse will lay the eggs into the male seahorse's pouch and the male seahorse will carry it wherever it goes until it hatch into small baby seahorse.

I played them a video which show the male seahorse is releasing the babies into the world.

Video #1: Male seahorse giving birth at The Deep Hull

Then, I remember there's a book about seahorse. However, I didn't get to find the English version of it. Therefore, I picked a video to play from youtube so that the children could also listen to it. The book is Mr Seahorse by Eric Carle.

Video #2: Mr. Seahorse

We shall work on seahorse activity for the next few days.

没有评论:

发表评论