2016年8月23日星期二

Art Work: Hermit Crab (part I)

Date: 23rd August 2016
Day: Tuesday
Time: 3:00-4:00 pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Beautiful Sea Creatures
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Art Work: Hermit Crab (part I)

At the beginning of the class, I played 2 videos - hermit crab changing shells and the story of "sharing a shell" by Julia Donaldson.

Video #1: Hermit Crab Shell Change

Video #2: sharing a shell by julia donaldson

Initially, I wanted to get the children to print their palm onto a piece of white paper and they can cut it out. However, the red water colour was not sufficient for them. Therefore, instead of using water colour, I used dark red paper to trace their palm onto it and get them to cut it accordingly. Most of the children could do it while some needed some guidance in cutting the lines properly.

Besides that, I also gave them another piece of cardboard that I have drawn the shape of the shells on it. The children also cut it out accordingly.

Tomorrow we shall put all the parts together on a piece of blue colour paper.


没有评论:

发表评论