2014年8月7日星期四

Making Lemonade

Date: 7th August 2014
Day: Thursday
Time: 4:00-5:00pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Beautiful Rainbow Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Making Lemonade

Pin Jee & Edmund brought a lemon each while Jayden brought a slice of lemon. Before moving to the kitchen for today’s activity, we went through the steps first that they saw from the video.

These were the steps for the lemonade making:-

1)      Squeeze the lemon.
2)      Add sugar.
3)      Dilute with water


After that we all moved to the kitchen to start with our activity today. I cut the lemons into half. As I couldn’t find the juicer, I taught the children another way of squeezing the lemon out by using a fork. I let Pin Jee & Edmund do the squeezing. 

These were the lemons that I had cut.

Pin Jee squeezed the lemons.

He squeezed with his might. 

I taught him to use the fork to twist the pulp of the lemons for easy squeezing.

Edmund tries his luck.

"Anymore?"Edmund wondered.

Edmund observed how I taught Pin Jee, he also tried with the fork.


Then we have to add in sugar. I added in 3 tablespoon of sugar and tasted it. It was way pretty too sour. Then as I add in the sugar, the children counted with me. At last, we added in about 8 tablespoons of sugar and diluted it with some lukewarm water. Therefore, I put in some ice cube to make the drink feels more refreshing in this hot weather.

The children enjoyed the drink!

没有评论:

发表评论