2013年10月28日星期一

Worksheet - Colour Pattern

Day: Monday
Time: 4:30-5:30pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Worksheet - Colour Pattern

Before we moved on to another colour, I wanted to see if the children could still remember the names of the colours. Therefore, I prepared a colour pattern worksheet for them to try it out.

This time, the children needs to read the name of the colours and tell me what should come next.

Sample of the exercise as followed:


red


green

green

red

green

green




Only a small group of children could tell me correctly. Some of them will tell me other colours from this group. When I read “red, green, green, red, green, green” and some of them will answer me “blue”, “orange” etc. I guess I have to do more oral practise on colour pattern.

Then we read through the lyrics for the “Rainbow Song” by Pamela Piersyn. The lyrics are as followed:

Chorus: I can name the colours in the rainbow
Red, Orange, Yellow and Green,
Blue, Indigo and Violet are seen.

Repeat Chorus
In the rainbow.

I can find the colours in the rainbow
Well, there’s a red stop sign at the end of my street,
My orange bicycle with the horn, beep, beep
Yellow butterfly landing on me
And green, green grass, under my feet
There’s a big, blue sky up above my head
Indigo’s the colour of my Daddy corvette
Violet flowers grow in Mama’s flower bed

These are the colours
There’s seven, yeah, in the rainbow

Repeat Chorus

I can name the colours in the rainbow
I can find the colours in the rainbow
I just love the colours in the rainbow!




2 条评论:

  1. Wow... those who can tell the pattern correctly must be utterly SMART!!!

    回复删除
  2. I believe those who can tell, their logical thinking is much stronger than the others. However, I do think that this can be practiced. :)

    回复删除