2013年10月24日星期四

Art Work - Change it to a Postcard (Part III)

Date: 23rd October 2013
Day: Wednesday
Time: 4:30-5:30pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Art Work - Change it to a Postcard (Part III)

Today, we continued a little bit more with our postcard art work. Before that, Kern Ee brought 2 beautiful postcards that his aunt gave him. It’s a postcard with China scenery as background. On the other hand, there’s also a China stamp pasted on it. I passed the postcard around for the children to have a look.

The children had written “To: Dad and Mum” and “From : (the kid’s name)” on the postcard. It looks a little bare. So I got them to write a message. The children were quite creative by telling me to write “I love you”, “I kiss you”, “I hug you” etc. We chose the most common one to write which is “I love you”. Some even told me to write “you” by just putting a “u”. I guess they must have seen that on advertisement or other cards.

After giving simple instruction and guidance on how to write it on the card, the children gave me back the postcard with the message within 5 minutes. That’s pretty fast.

Story Sharing – Fuzzy Little Tomcat

Kwan Ming found this simple storybook from the school library and wanted to share it with the children. Tomcat is a grey cat. It is a little cat who wishes to catch mice and birds. Yet, because it is too little, nothing is successful for it. A big dog saw and laughed at Tomcat.

However, Tomcat found a thing that he could do and can’t be done by the big dog where Tomcat can jump up the high wall with just one leap. There Tomcat took a nap and dreamed that he could catch mice and birds when he grows up.

Then the children took their turns to touch at the grey furry texture on the front page of the book. From here, the children could study the grey colour again.

Starfruit class’ children are going for a field trip tomorrow (24th October 2013). Therefore, there’s no blog update for tomorrow. 

没有评论:

发表评论