2013年6月27日星期四

Sunlight has colours too!


Date: 27th June 2013
Day: Thursday
Time: 4:30-5:30pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Sunlight has colours too!

Today, I shared a scientific book with the children. This book is in Mandarin but I translated it into simple English for the children to understand. It’s a book about colours from the sunlight. Even though it kept mentioning that sunlight has colours yet the children still argued that there’s only yellow colour in the sunlight.

There’s a simple experiment shown in the book. So I quickly prepared a cardboard as shown, a cup of water and a piece of white paper.  I put the glass of water near to where the sunlight shines into the class. The cardboard was placed in front of the water while the piece of white paper was placed under the cup of water.

Since I had tried this with the other class, so this time, I tried to move the cardboard a little to see if we could see the colours more obviously.

Fortunately, the children could actually see the some red, blue or green colour from the reflection of the sunlight through the water.

Then before we ended our class, we sang a song, “The Colour Song”.

The lyrics of the song are as followed:

The Colour Song (sang in the tune of ABC song)

Red and orange, green and blue,
Shinny yellow, purple too.
All the colours that we know, live inside a rainbow,
Red and orange, green and blue,
Shinny yellow, purple too. 

7 条评论:

  1. Xuan can tell the colors of rainbow in mandarin. Wondering whether she will pick up the english ones soon :)

    回复删除
  2. Frankly speaking, I myself also need some time to tell the rainbow colours in English as I also memorized it in mandarin myself. Slowly they will be able to get used to it..

    回复删除
  3. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, magenta, purple?

    回复删除
  4. Teacher Yeong, i'm happy with Xuan's reading progress. She can read most of the words in the reading homework u given, except for some words eg "likes" in it..TQ teacher :)

    回复删除
  5. I'm glad that she has improved. Hopefully she could continue with the interest in English so that she could enjoy the class more!

    回复删除