2013年6月12日星期三

Father's Day Poem

Date: 11th June 2013
Day: Tuesday
Time: 4:30-5:30pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Father’s Day – Poem

We revised our colours rhymes, “When I see.. ” for the children. This time, they could do it even much further. It’s a good start. At the same time, I also prepared a small poster of all the wordings and put it at a corner, I noticed that children could actually read it on their own. Wow, it’s amazing how children had improved.

Since father’s day is coming this Sunday, I have a simple poem for them to share it with their father.

The poem is as followed:

Daddy, I love you,
For all that you do.
I’ll kiss you and hug you
‘Cause you love me, too.

You feed me and need me
To teach you to play,
So smile ‘cause I love you
On this Father’s Day

I only practiced the first four lines of the poem with the children. Some of them managed to follow half of it. Then I add in some hands action so that they could relate it much better. I find it quite helpful.

Hopefully the children could get the other half practice the next day.

Story book sharing – Colours in the Jungle
This is a book about colours brought by one of the children from Pomegranate class. I borrowed it to share with our Starfruit class children. They enjoyed looking at the special features of the texture in the book that goes with the colours.

Game (adapted from “Duck, duck, goose” games)

I modified a little of this game and make it simple for the children to play. I got everyone to sit in a circle facing inward and only one child is standing outside of the circle. That child will walk around his friends until he suddenly tapped on one’s head and said:”father”. Then the child who had been tapped will stand up and chase after that child. So the one being chased had to quickly sit down at that empty space.


We played for a few round before we called it a day. 

没有评论:

发表评论