2013年6月16日星期日

Father's Day - Poem & Green Worksheet


Date: 14th June 2013
Day: Friday
Time: 4:30-5:30pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Father’s Day – Poem & Green Worksheet

We revised the Father's Day poem with action twice before we start with the worksheet. Today, I prepared a worksheet on "Green" for the children to do. The five years old children had just completed their A-Z writing about a week ago, therefore, before we start with the worksheet, I get each of the children to come and write an alphabet for the spelling of "green" some can do it without guidance, some need help. But due to the song I thought earlier -"There's a colour we all know", the children knew how to spell "Green".

The worksheet required the children to draw something in green and colour it. Most of the children could draw something in green such as a tree, leaf, green apple, etc. Some even drew a caterpillar and said it was in green. The children were very eager to tell me what they had drawn. 

I wonder if the children would remember to say the poem for their father on Father's Day. Hereby, I wish Happy Father's Day to all children’s father

5 条评论:

  1. I just discovered u have a blog on this. Teacher Yeong, as we are mandarine speaking family, we've been facing issues with Xuan's standard of English. Please commend on this.

    回复删除
  2. Tested her just now... she spelled "GREEN" correctly :P

    回复删除
  3. Haha, I think songs are pretty easy for children to learn words. I pasted a rhyme about colours in the class, she will sometimes read it on her own or with Xin Yi.

    回复删除
  4. Yeah... I too recently discovered she attempts to read... although her reading skill is still at start up level... Teacher, hope u can encourage more :)

    回复删除
  5. Yes, I also noticed that she will try to converse in English with me sometimes. Hopefully she will enjoy the class and have the confidence to speak more.

    回复删除