2015年9月8日星期二

Purple colour art

Date: 2nd September 2015
Day: Wednesday
Time: 3:00-4:00pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Rainbow Colours
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Purple colour art

We had a short discussion about the art work that we could do. The children asked if we could cook the sweet potatoes. I told them that it might be a little difficult to find purple colour sweet potatoes now but we could do an art work on purple.

I brought in some egg cartons today. I have cut out some cups out of it. The children were quite sure that once we mixed blue and red together we shall get purple. However, I did a mistake by putting in more red than blue. The result turn out to be kind of brown instead of purple. Some of them suggested that I shall add in more blue. Yet, blue doens't seems to rectify the colour tone of it.

Since the children suggested to put in more blue. I quickly get a clean bowl and added in blue water paint first before adding any red. Finally, this time, we managed to get the purple colour mix. The children were thrilled with it. They have learned something today.

With each of them holding the egg carton cup, they dipped it into the purple paint and printed it onto the piece of drawing paper that I have prepared for them.

This is an end result for the art work today.

没有评论:

发表评论