2015年9月3日星期四

National Day Theme

Date: 27th August 2015
Day: Thursday
Time: 3:00-4:00pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Rainbow Colours
Teacher: Ms Yeong

National Day Theme

I believe it's not easy for the children to express themselves in English about National Day. However, the conversation that took place today were quite fruitful for the children. I felt great about it!

We started off by observing the colours on Malaysia flags. Without much hesitation, the children realized that the 3 primary colours were on it and there's white colour as well. I briefly mentioned about the meaning of the colours, some of the kids could tell me in Mandarin but not in English. Yet, I felt contented with that as they could have some short interaction on this topic.

Then, we talked about the 14 points on the yellow star. Some of the kids could tell me a few name of the states in Malaysia. A good start! Yet, some still confuse with the concept of state and country. Some even mentioned names of other countries instead of the name of states in Malaysia. I guess, it will take them some time to really understand this concept.

As we still have about 30 minutes left, I suggested that we use beautiful colours to draw out a poster to celebrate our 58th National Day, the children agreed. I took a blank drawing paper and drew 3 words on it - I Love (a heart shape) Malaysia. Each of them take turns to use different colours to colour the 3 words that I have drawn. Then, we took a group photo together.

Happy 58th National Day.

Note: 31st August 2015 is National day and it falls on next Monday, therefore, it's a public holiday in Malaysia. No blog update for Monday.

没有评论:

发表评论