2015年5月28日星期四

Activity - Pumpkin Dessert

Date: 28th May 2015
Day: Thursday
Time: 3:00-4:00pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Yummy Food
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Activity - Pumpkin Dessert

The children had counted the pumpkin seeds. Now, with the pumpkin cut and stored in the refrigerator, we have to cook it or use it up before it turns bad. Therefore, I wanted to try to make the pumpkin dessert with the children.

Basically, the ingredients that I needed for this activity is as followed:
- some pumpkin flesh, steamed
- some glutinous flour
- some sugar
- some oil

I have steamed the pumpkin before bringing it in to the class.



Then, I get the children to help to mash the pumpkin with a fork. The children recalled doing this during their potato mash recipe.






After that, I added in some sugar and glutinous flour. I get some of the children to help out to mix the pumpkin paste with the glutinous flour. At first, when it's soft, it's easier to mix it. However, when the mixture is getting more and more hard, it's quite difficult for them to even turn the spoon in the mixture.

Finally, when mixture is done, I showed the children how to roll it into a small ball. Therefore, I gave each of them some mixture and they rolled it into a small ball and placed it into the pan.





Lastly, I fried it slowly in the pan before serving it.


没有评论:

发表评论