2014年5月1日星期四

Kitchen & Dining Room

Date: 30th April 2014
Day: Wednesday
Time: 4:00-5:00pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Yummy, Yummy Food
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Kitchen & Dining Room

I had introduced “kitchen” on our first day of the thematic class. The children went through all the words about “kitchen”.

Then I introduced “dining room”. In the dining room, the children will get to learn words such as spoon, fork, plate, saucer, cups etc. If it’s possible, we shall take a tour to the kitchen in the school on Friday and get the children to tell me the things they can see there.

Book Sharing – The Giant Cake
When I mentioned about “giant”, immediately the children related it to a huge man or beast. However, when I explained that “giant” means big, they seems a little puzzle with it. Hopefully through the story, the children could understand the concept of “giant”.

This short story is about a baker who loves to bake but he never invited the children to taste his cake. One day a fairy came by and flew off his cake with her magic wand. The cake turned bigger and bigger as it flew into the air. Suddenly, it burst and down came delicious small cake for everyone to taste it including the baker himself.


From that day onwards, the baker always invites the children to taste his cake. 

Art and Craft – Draw My Favourite Food
I distributed each child a paper with the title “My Favourite Food”. Some of them didn’t know how to draw. Coincidently I have some vegetables and fruits flashcards with me, the children borrowed it to see which item to draw. Surprisingly, most of them had “lotus root” in their drawing. I guess the children had tasted this at home quite often.


没有评论:

发表评论