2014年5月18日星期日

Pasta Cooking

Date: 16th May 2014
Day: Friday
Time: 4:00-5:00pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Yummy, Yummy Food
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Pasta Cooking

From the food pyramid, the children know that pasta has carbohydrates. Therefore, today I prepared a few varieties of pasta for the children to cook. Before we went to the kitchen to start our activity today, I taught them to learn to read the clock as the pasta needed about 10-13 minutes to cook.

Off we went to the kitchen and the children sat down on the long table. I had one portable stove with a pot on it. While waiting for the water to boil, I showed the children the pasta that we were going to cook today. After the water had boiled, I placed all the pasta into the pot and the children will need to help to observe the clock. It was 4:25pm at that point of time. I told the children when the clock reached 4:35pm then we can take the pasta up. The children got excited and watched the clock closely.




On the other hand, we also needed to cook the pasta sauce. Before that, I placed the tin of pasta sauce and the tin opener in front of them. The children tried to open it. Unfortunately, they couldn’t but the children tried to give suggestions of how to open it. Finally Yi Xuan said we need to turn it. Therefore, I showed the children how to turn the handle to open it. Then I passed the tin with the tin opener around for the children to try it out.

Ayden was trying to open the tin with the tin opener.
When the pasta was well cooked, I gave each child some mixture of all the varieties of pasta we have on their paper plate. They have to decorate their paper plate with any kinds of design before asking for the sauce to eat it.













All the children enjoyed it very much! They even asked for second round.



没有评论:

发表评论