2013年7月3日星期三

Yellow Lemon, Yellow Watermelon, Yellow Banana


Date: 3rd July 2013
Day: Wednesday
Time: 4:30-5:30pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Yellow Lemon, Yellow Watermelon, Yellow Banana

Wen Xuan brought a yellow ball to show it to her classmate. 


On the other hand, Qi Jie brought a green star toy and he insisted that he wanted to show to his friend. He said he got it from a fun fair.

Teacher: What is this?
Qi Jie: This is a magic star. 


Today, I brought some lemon into the class for the children to have a look at it.



Teacher: Do you know what this is?
Children: Orange.
Teacher: Orange? Look carefully, what is the colour of this fruit?
Children: Yellow….Lemon.
Teacher: Yes, it’s a lemon. (I passed around for the children to look at it.)

I also showed the children a yellow watermelon.
Li Heng: Why the watermelon is yellow? I don’t want to eat. (As the watermelon is cold therefore I just merely let the children have a closer look and smell it. I didn’t let the children taste the watermelon to avoid causing coughing.)

The children did a tear and paste art work on yellow colour. First they trace the outline of the lemon and the banana which I had prepared. Then I gave them each a small paper for them to tear and paste it on the picture. The children enjoyed the activities!







4 条评论:

  1. Xuan was brought to AEON yesterday evening and witnessed there is indeed yellow ater melon too! :)

    回复删除
  2. I went through the night market near the school on Tuesday and only found one fruit stall selling the yellow watermelon, how lucky I was.
    Yet some children even though seen the watermelon in yellow, they still can't believe it! Hahaha..

    回复删除
  3. Haha... they need more evidence to be convinced :P

    回复删除
  4. I believe more exposure will make them believe what they are witnessing.

    回复删除