2013年7月8日星期一

Rainbow


Date: 8th July 2013
Day: Monday
Time: 4:30-5:30pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Rainbow

Book Sharing – Colour Dance by Ann Jonas
This is an interesting colour book that introduced the primary colours, red, yellow and blue. The mixture of the primary colours gives the children an idea how to create new colours. From here, I further explore the rainbow colours with the children.

Teacher: How many colours are there in a rainbow?
Children: Seven.
Teacher: What are the colours? Let’s name it.
Children: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet. (Wow, the children could remember the sequence of the rainbow. Amazing!)
Teacher: We can use these three colours to colour a rainbow. (The children just stared at me and some started to say “No”. They argued that we need to have 7 colours to colour a rainbow.)

Therefore, I prepared the 3 colours, red, yellow and blue with some white colour papers.

Teacher: Now, I paint the first colour, red. How do I get orange? (There’s no orange paint. Everyone was puzzled. They just looked at me without any reply. Then I flipped to the page that mentioned about the orange mixture.)
Children: Red and yellow. (So I painted yellow, a little bit closer to red to get the orange mixture.)
Teacher: What’s next?
Children: Green.
Teacher: How do I get green? I don’t have green here.
Children: Yellow and blue. (This time they are smarter. Great!)
Teacher: Let’s see. Can you see the green colour now?
Children: Yes, yes, I can see the green. (They were so excited!)
Teacher: So now, how should we get indigo and violet? (Silence from the floor again. So I flipped to the page that mentioned about the mixture of purple. The children still can’t get it. They still looked puzzled. So I carried on with the demonstration.)
Children: Look, indigo….violet….

Now, the children could see the rainbow clearly. I demonstrate the whole painting again for the children to see how amazing can the mixture of the colours be. 


2 条评论:

  1. Wow, mixing colors! These are highly skilled stuff!

    回复删除
  2. I also thought it's very difficult. However after giving it a try.. It's not that hard... Just need to understand how to get the mixture. Anyhow, it would be difficult for the children to do it on their own... So I shall explore other ways for getting similar result for them

    回复删除