2013年7月29日星期一

Salt Art (Part I)


Date: 29th July 2013
Day: Monday
Time: 4:30-5:30pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Salt Art (Part I)

Before we start, I showed them a salt art that I had in hand. This is a very beautiful art that young kids can do. The materials are pretty simple as well. I only need a few things such as some packets of fine salt, food colouring (assorted colours), glass bottles, funnel, some bowls for mixing the colour and spoons.



We shall do this activity as in a big group. Therefore, I started off with the colour mixing process. I have 3 colours, red, egg yellow and green. I chose 5 children to start off with it. I gave each child a bowl, a spoon, some salt and I pour in the food colouring into the salt. The children need to mix it evenly so that the colour can be used to put inside the glass bottle later.

This activity will actually practice the children’s motor skill of their hand as they need to actually coloured the salt evenly especially when the salt got in touch with liquid, it condense and the children needs to use the spoon to smash it and mixed it evenly. This took them a while.

I was too focusing in guiding the children doing the mixing part and forgotten to take some photos of them. I shall do it for the next group of children tomorrow. 

没有评论:

发表评论