2013年7月11日星期四

Recognition of Colours

Date: 9th July 2013
Day: Tuesday
Time: 4:30-5:30pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Recognition the colours

We had done green and yellow so far. We shall be moving into another colour soon. Before we do that, I would like to play a game with the children to see if they could recognize the colour. I got some circle rubber ring that comes in various colours, among them are green, yellow, red, blue etc.

We had a simple activity by using these colourful circle rubber rings. I randomly place those colourful circle rubber rings on the floor. I picked a song to sing along while the children will walk around to observe the colour on the rubber ring. If I happened to say “stop” then the children needed to look for the designated colour we choose for that round.

We started off with yellow, then green and we went back to yellow again. Most of the children could get it correct while some got a little confused with the instruction. After a few reminders, the children managed to get what we want.


I shall prepare another similar recognition game for the children to play tomorrow. I do hope the children enjoy such activity. 

Children: There's a colour we all know, G-R-E-E-N.....

Phey Zheng: Yes, I'm standing on the right colour.

Xin Yi: Let's come here, this is yellow!

Wei Yi & Jiun Jie: Yeah, we got it!

没有评论:

发表评论