2016年3月2日星期三

Making Lemonade

Date: 1st March 2016
Day: Tuesday
Time: 3:00-4:00 pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Amazing Colours
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Making Lemonade  

Today, the children were more excited than me as they know that they will be making lemonade today. Quickly, we moved to the kitchen to start our lemonade making.

After washing the 3 lemons, I cut it into half. As I couldn't find the squeezer in the school, therefore, I taught the kids to use fork instead. They needed to poke the fork into the pulp of the lemon and turn it a bit before squeezing the juice into the pitcher. When the children realized that the fork did help, they were eager to try. Therefore, each of them took turns to try to squeeze some juice into the pitcher.

After that, I brought in the sugar. At first we put in 2 tablespoon of sugar. Then, we diluted it with 2 cups of water. However, when I tasted it, it was pretty sour. Therefore, I added in another cup of water and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Yet, it was still pretty sour. At last, I added altogether 4 tablespoon of sugar with 4 cups of water.



















Yet, the lemon juice was pretty little, so every one of them only gets to drink a little bit. The children love it and wanted to ask for more. Dear parents, you might want to try this with your kid at home. They might be able to guide you the steps of doing it. I believe it would be fun with such activity at home.

Lemonade is a sweet and sour drink. Yet, for those who like it sour, they enjoyed the drink. However, some complained that it taste way too sour for them.






I have a yellow capsicum in hand, so I cut it into thin slices for the children to try. Some said it taste sweet yet some said it taste spicy! Anyhow, the children did try a small bite of it at least!






没有评论:

发表评论