2016年1月19日星期二

Ways of sending greetings

Date: 18th January 2016
Day: Monday
Time: 3:00-4:00 pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Happy Chinese New Year
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Ways of sending greetings

Today, I wanted to introduce greetings cards to the children. Then, I gave them a situation to solve.

The situation sounds like this:
Yi Rou is staying in Malaysia. Gaby is staying on an island very far far away. Yi Rou missed Gaby and wanted to send her greetings of Chinese New Year to her. What are the ways for her to send her greetings?

Gaby: sit on a boat
Max: swim there
Gaby: cannot, got shark
Yi Rou: ask the crocodile to come and sit on the back
(Wow, she can summon the crocodile. Hahaha!)
Shan Lin: take a car and take a boat
Max: take a jeep and take a boat
Gaby: row a boat there
Haowen: run, run, run to her house
Yi Rou: cannot run, got shark

After about 10 minutes of debates, the children still believe that taking a boat there is much safer. That's alright with me. Then, I gave them another situation to solve - is there any other way to send Yi Rou's greetings to her without going there? They paused. Not sure what to answer. Then, I hinted them with the gesture of making a phone call. Haowen suddenly said phone call, phone call.

I gave them another situation - what if Gaby cannot reach by phone. Yi Rou cannot call her. The children started to comment that Gaby sure can be contacted by telephone. I asked if Yi Rou can send a card to Gaby? They said yes.

With this introduction, I showed them some sample of greetings cards and one of them made by myself from those angpao packets that the children brought. The children said they also wanted to make one.







So I gave each of them a small piece of pink colour manila card that I have folded into like a card for the children to work on it. They chose words and pictures from the angpao packets and pasted it onto their card.

Here were some pictures taken during the activity:






没有评论:

发表评论