2016年10月19日星期三

The Great Cheese Robbery (Book) & elephant art

Date: 19th October 2016
Day: Wednesday
Time: 3:00-4:00 pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Beautiful Wild Animals
Teacher: Ms Yeong

The Great Cheese Robbery (Book) & elephant art

Today, we started off by revising on the facts about elephant that they had watched yesterday.

Teacher: What do you remember about the facts of the elephant from the video clip yesterday?
Shan Lin: Long nose and big ears.
Khai Hann: trunk is the long nose.
Yern Rou: The trunk can take water and drink.
Yi Rou: The elephant trunk can take food to ear.
Max: The eyes are very big.
Gaby: The elephant's trunk can help another elephant out from the mud. (She kept insisting that she remember this very well.)
Haowen: The elephant use the trunk to take the banana.
(It was not shown in the video. However, Haowen said he saw this before.)
Yi Tong: Elephant's trunk can hug.
Max: The elephant can hear. The kangaroo cannot hear. (He was referring to the story - Horton Hears a Who!)
Shan Lin: Elephant is very big and we are smaller.

After that, I took out a storybook to share with the class - The Great Cheese Robbery by Tim Warnes




After reading the story, I get the children to share one thing that they were afraid of.

Here were some of their replies:
Gaby: I'm scared of ghost.
Yi Rou: I'm scared of tiger.
Yen Rou: I'm scared of lion.
Khai Hann: I'm scared of monster.
Max: I'm scared of snake.
Shan Lin: I'm scared of dinosaur.
Haowen: I'm scared of skeleton.
Xiang Jing: I'm scared of cat.
Emely: I'm scared of dog.

In order to get prepare for the art work of the elephant tomorrow. I get the children to do a palm printing work today with some grey paint that I have mixed.




We shall continue with this art work tomorrow.


没有评论:

发表评论