2016年10月13日星期四

Comparison of height

Date: 12th October 2016
Day: Wednesday
Time: 3:00-4:00 pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Beautiful Wild Animals
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Comparison of height

So far, we had learned about lion and giraffe. I also picked some vocabulary for the children to learn :

Vocabulary: lion, mane, giraffe, spots

Besides that, I also guided the children to describe the lion. They said it's big. Then, I get them to think about any description for giraffe. They came out with long legs and tall neck.

By looking at the information given on the board, I asked the children to try to see if they could make any sentences from it. I gave a sample for lion: Lion has mane. It is big. 

The children needed to make some sentences for giraffe instead. Here were some answers given:
Shan Lin: Giraffe has spots.
Gaby: Giraffe has orangy brown spots.
Khai Hann: Giraffe has some spots.

The children mentioned about tall giraffe earlier. I asked the class to see who is the tallest in the class. Some of them raised their hands. Therefore, each time, I picked 2 children to compare their height. If any of them were shorter, they will need to go back to their seat. After a few rounds of comparison, we found out that Lucas is the tallest in the class.

During the comparison of the 2 children, I guided them to make use of the phrase: taller than

The next animal that I picked is zebra. We have another about 10 minutes left, I played them a video about zebra.

Video: ZEBRA: Animals for children. Kids videos. Kindergarten | Preschool learning

没有评论:

发表评论