2015年7月19日星期日

Pumpkin Sweet Dessert

Date: 15th July 2015
Day: Wednesday
Time: 3:00-4:00 pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Rainbow Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Pumpkin Sweet Dessert

Yesterday, I told the children that pumpkin is also orange. We might be able to make a sweet dessert by using pumpkin on the next day.

I cut the pumpkin in front of the children yesterday to let them have a look again of the flesh of the pumpkin. Then, today, I cut the pumpkin into smaller pieces and steamed it until soft. On the other hand, I have also prepared some glutinous flour, pandan leaves, a small piece of ginger and some sugar.

I brought the steamed pumpkin into the class today. The children needed to smash it by using a fork.



























Then, each of them will bring an empty bowl to see me. I gave each of them some glutinous flour and some smashed pumpkin. The children needed to mix it and rolled it into a ball.









At the same time, I quickly boiled the water with pandan leaves and some ginger. I also added in some sugar. Once the children were done with their glutinous ball, I put it into the boiled water and let it boiled for about 10-15 minutes.

The children said that the sweet dessert is delicious!

没有评论:

发表评论