2016年9月25日星期日

Video Sharing & Names of Birds

Date: 22nd September 2016
Day: Thursday
Time: 3:00-4:00 pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Beautiful Wild Animals
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Video Sharing & Names of Birds

Today, I played them a video about peacock opening it's beautiful feathers.

Video: A blue peacock opening his tail up close to the camera (HD)

From the video, the children also noticed the colour and the patterns on the peacocks' feathers. Max always tells me that it looks like eyes.

After that, I try to list down some names of birds that would appear in the bird park in Malaysia such as eagle, owl, peacock, ostrich, pelican, flamingo, penguin and hornbill. I have got all those pictures of these birds and I showed it to the children.

Then, I roughly drew them on the board and we read the names and the children also trying their best to remember the names of those birds.

After a few rounds of reading, I decided to give stickers as rewards for those who could recognise and read at least 3 birds from the list. For those who could read 5 names and above, they could even get to choose the sticker. Most of the children came out to take the challenge and somehow I noticed that some just sat there quietly. I do hope the children could take up the challenge willingly and not by forcefully.




没有评论:

发表评论