2016年7月13日星期三

Parts of the Fish

Date: 13th July 2016
Day: Wednesday
Time: 3:00-4:00 pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Beautiful Sea Creatures
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Parts of the Fish

We revised the facts about fish that we learned yesterday before we moved in to our lesson today - parts of the fish.

I drew a picture of a fish on the board, then, I get the children to come out to tell me which part of the body that I could label. Wow, to my surprise, most of them could actually point out the parts that we could label such as eye, mouth, fin, tail, scales and tail.

This is the picture of the fish that I drew on board:


Then, we went on to discuss the place where we might find fish.

Teacher: Where can we find fish?
Khai Hann: Big sea......aquarium
Shan Lin: Ocean
Teacher: How about lake, river and pond?
Children: Yes. (However, some did ask for the definition of lake, river and pond.)

Teacher: Could you tell me the name of sea creatures that you might know?
Max: shark.....sea snake.....eel (in Mandarin)
Khai Hann: stingray....lion fish....shell
Le Xin: crab
Yi Tong: jellyfish
Yen Rou: dolphin ......turtle (all in Mandarin)
Gaby: whale

I find that the children have difficulty in giving me the name of sea creatures and I suddenly thought of a video that I have downloaded some time ago.

Video: The Amazing Underwater World of Asia

After watching the video, I get the children to draw the sea creatures that they remember from the video.

没有评论:

发表评论