2016年7月13日星期三

Facts about Fish

Date: 12th July 2016
Day: Tuesday
Time: 3:00-4:00 pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Beautiful Sea Creatures
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Facts about Fish

Before introducing the facts about fish, I get the children to tell me things that they might know about fish.

Teacher: What do you know about fish?
Yi Rou: "F" for fish......fish eat fish food.
Gaby: Fin for the fish.....the fin for diving in the water.
Khai Hann: Fin for swimming......fish eats little fish.
Shan Lin: Fish live in the ocean.

After that, I went through briefly with the kids about fish.

1) Fish breathes under water using gills, not lung.
2) Fish live in the water.
3) Fish is cold blooded.
4) Fish has scales and fin, not fur.
5) Fish lay many eggs.

While introducing the above facts, I put in quite some explanation and drawing pictures on the board as well.

Before we call it a day, I get the children to help out to colour the topic - Beautiful Sea Creatures so that I could put it on the poster and pasted it in their classroom.

This is how the poster looked like:


I might guide them to do some art work of fish to decorate it a little in the future.



没有评论:

发表评论