2016年2月18日星期四

Red Colour & Rainbow Painting

Date: 18th February 2016
Day: Thursday
Time: 3:00-4:00 pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Amazing Colours
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Red Colour & Rainbow Painting

We revised the 3 primary colours that we learned yesterday. Then, I also get the children to tell me the combination of colours that they remember. Somehow, they were still not very familiar with it. That's alright, we shall learn more in the future about combination of colours. Basically, we shall concentrate on the 3 primary colours for the time being. 

Today, we started off with "red". Surprisingly, the children remembered the song that I played to them when we touched red colour during our Chinese New Year theme. Most of them could name me the items that are red in the song such as apple, fire truck, red stop sign, strawberry etc. Some of them gave me things that are not mentioned in the song - chili, angpao packets. I added in tomatoes, roses, and red pepper.

Then, I played them a song - Rainbow Song for Preschool by Pamela Piersyn


After that, I took out some paint - red, blue and yellow and a piece of art block paper. I placed the paper on the whiteboard so that everyone can see. 

First, I damped the paper with some water before I stared to paint it with the 3 primary colours. With the 3 primary colours, I could get 7 colours of the rainbow. The children will get to do their rainbow painting tomorrow. 

Here are some pictures taken during the activity:









Finally, I added in the title - Amazing Colours at the bottom of the rainbow and pasted in the Starfruit class so that the children will get to remember the name of the theme. 

2 条评论:

  1. Teacher Yeong, gaby love rainbow color very much Thanks for teaching them this amazing colors

    回复删除
  2. Thanks to the children for choosing such interesting topic. Glad to know that she enjoys it.

    回复删除