2016年2月16日星期二

Back to school from CNY holiday

Date: 15th February 2016
Day: Monday
Time: 3:00-4:00 pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Happy Chinese New Year
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Back to school from CNY holiday

5th February, Friday, was the last day before the Chinese New Year holiday started. There's a teacher on leave in the afternoon, therefore, I was unable to attend the Starfruit thematic class on that day. As a result, there's no blog update for 5th February.

The children get to spend one week of Chinese New Year holiday at home. Today is the eighth day of Chinese New Year, the school also reopens today. I believe that the children have a lot to tell about their Chinese New Year. Therefore, we used about 30 minutes to let the children express themselves.

Gaby: I in the house, help mommy. (What did you do?) I help mommy to fold the shirts.
Yi Rou: My mommy help put the sweets inside the angpao, put the money in the angpao. She take the Coco Crunch for people to eat. We go dinner. Mommy bring me to the temple. Mommy let me touch the lion dance.
Max: 舞狮 (lion dance) come to my house. (Are you scare?) No. (Do you like it?) Yes.
Xiang Jing: I go to Giant and Tesco.
Yi Tong: My mommy give me angpao.
Max: Everybody come to my house.
Lucas: My daddy go meeting. Come back and play with me.
Yi Rou: My mommy take me go Giant, Jusco and the 拜拜 (to do prayers) people come to my house and Ah Ma's (grandma) house. They came in a bus. We all went swimming.
Gaby: I got go to 拜拜 (to do prayers). Mom put Coco Crunch in the angpao.
Max: My house got so many firecrackers. (Did you play with it?) Yes.
Gaby: Yesterday, mommy take me to Giant to buy things. My dad, mom and 叔叔 (uncle) eat 团圆饭 (reunion feast).

After that, we used some time to discuss about the new title for our new theme - colours. The children suggested a few and I get them to cast only one vote per person. Finally, they voted - Amazing Colours.

As we still have about 15 minutes left, I get the children to share about their favourite colours with the class.

Teacher: What is your favourite colour?
Shan Lin: pink
Yen Rou: orange
Yi Rou: red
Yi Tong: yellow
Lucas: orange
Jen Yaw: 青色 (green)
Zhuo Hwa: orange
Xiang Jing: orange
Max: blue
Emely: white
He Wei: red
Cheng You: I like yellow. (guided)
Gaby: blue




没有评论:

发表评论