2015年2月25日星期三

Shaping sea creatures with play dough

Date: 25th February 2015
Day: Wednesday
Time: 3:00-4:00pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Beautiful Ocean
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Shaping sea creatures with play dough

Welcome back after the long festive holiday!

We did a circle time by getting the children to share anything about their Chinese New Year holiday.

Germaine: I use the box to do lion dance.
Jie Min: My mommy saw a lion dance.
Alice: I saw a lion dance at the supermarket.
Jia Xuan: I go to my grandmother house in Penang.
Hui Ting: Fire crackers.
[The above answers had been modified and corrected when they were sharing.]

The children needed some warm up after the long holiday. Therefore, we did some fun and creative activity today - play dough. The theme of our play dough today was to shape some sea creatures. They could do any sea creatures that come to their mind.

However, the children didn't know what to do. I gave them some suggestions or ideas and yet, they still needed some guidance in shaping their sea creatures. Every table that I visited, I did one sea creatures for them so that they could have some idea of what they could do.





没有评论:

发表评论