2015年2月8日星期日

Revision on the facts about octopus

Date: 5th February 2015
Day: Thursday
Time: 3:00-4:00pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Beautiful Ocean
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Revision on the facts about octopus

After watching the video on Monday, hopefully, the children will still have impression on the facts about the octopus. Therefore, we went through the facts we mentioned on Monday and I added on some for them today.

Basically, the facts that we went through were as followed:

1) Most of the octopus are venomous, yet, only blue-ringed octopus' venom could kill a person
2) The female octopus is called hen. It lays a lot of eggs
3) Octopus will change colour to hide from their prey
4) Octopus would eject black ink to escape
5) Octopus has good eyesight and poor hearing

Then, I got the children some toys and I also divided the class into 2 big groups. The children needed to work together by using all the toys I put on the floor to form a big octopus. At the beginning, most of them were doing their own octopus. I have to keep reminding them to make only one octopus per group.



After a while, I have to interrupt to guide one of the group while the other group observe. Finally, they managed to complete their task.





Note: I was on emergency leave on 4th February 2015. Therefore, there's no blog update for yesterday.


没有评论:

发表评论