2015年2月12日星期四

How to draw Jellyfish

Date: 12th February 2015
Day: Thursday
Time: 3:00-4:00pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Beautiful Ocean
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

How to draw Jellyfish

I remember I saw a song for jellyfish online and I remember the lyrics. However, I don't remember where I got it from.

The lyrics for the song is as followed:

Jellyfish Song (Tune: My Bonnie is Over the Ocean)
This jellyfish lives in the ocean,
This jellyfish lives in the sea,
This jellyfish lives in the ocean,
This red jellyfish swim by me.
(The children suggested other colours to replace that. They mentioned about purple, yellow and black)

As I had read a book on jellyfish with the children, we briefly went through some facts about jellyfish.

Teacher: Does a jellyfish have mouth? (some said yes, and some said no)
Teacher: What does a jellyfish eats.
Children: Fish.
Teacher: Jellyfish has mouth under its bell and it has lots of tentacles. Can we touch the tentacles?
Children: No. It stings.

Then, we observed the drawing and pictures from the book and we tried to draw a picture of the jellyfish on the white board. I gave each of them a piece of A4 paper to draw their own jellyfish.

At the same time, I also taught the children to learn the wordings for numbers. I got some fish toys that the children can use it to learn to count. We sat down in small groups to do this.





没有评论:

发表评论