2015年2月11日星期三

Octopus Art and worksheet

Date: 11th February 2015
Day: Wednesday
Time: 3:00-4:00pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Beautiful Ocean
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Octopus Art and worksheet

I wanted the children to do this yesterday, however, the material was not ready. Therefore, it was postponed till today.

With the octopus art and that the children had added the suckers onto it, they used it for the worksheet I had prepared. I'm proud with some of the children could still remember the sentences that we made together the other day when we observed the octopus art.

First, I placed the octopus on the worksheet and found out that those tentacles are too long and it also covered the sentences that I have typed below. Therefore, I suggested to the children that we make those tentacles a little curvy. I used a marker pen to roll it at first, but, it didn't curve properly. Then, I used a pencil to do it, it curved perfectly. The children were amazed and wanted to try it out immediately. Each of them started off with a pencil and most of them could curl the tentacles up properly.

Once they were done with the curving, I distributed the worksheet for them to paste their octopus art on it. I used the three sentences that the children made the other day and left some blanks for the children to fill in. They needed to search for the correct word to paste in those blanks. We all did it together.

These were some of the worksheets done by the children:

Alice's octopus

Germaine's octopus

Rui Xin's octopus

Dexter's octopus

没有评论:

发表评论