2014年10月20日星期一

Art & Craft - Golden Crown (Part I)

Date: 18th September 2014
Day: Thursday
Time: 4:00-5:00pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Beautiful Rainbow Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Art & Craft-Golden Crown (Part I)

Today, we started to make the golden crown. With the black long rectangular paper that I had distributed yesterday, we continue to decorate it with some golden materials.

I found some round golden paper plates. However, I only have about 4 in hands. So I got an idea by cutting them into triangular shape to be equally shared among the children. After cutting all the 4 paper plates only I realised that there's about 32 pieces of it. There were about 11 children in the class today. How shall we divided the pieces equally?

I guided the children to count the numbers of triangular shape that I have in hand and we tried to distribute it by giving each one about 3 pieces. The last person only got 2. The children discussed among themselves who should get the remaining 2 pieces of it. Some suggested the shortest and smallest person in the class to get it. I think it's not fair. Therefore, I asked for volunteer. Not long, then Jayden volunteered to take the remaining 2 pieces and he said that he has other ideas of how to do with it.

Once the children got the golden paper plate, they started to work on their crown. Some of them would paste the triangular shape as the pointed end of the crown while some of them cut the 3 pieces of golden plate to decorate their crown. All sorts of great idea came out.

The children only manage to complete parts of their art work today. I have got some shinning golden dust. We shall continue with that tomorrow.

Note: The pictures for this activity was stored in the computer. Unfortunately, it was lost. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

没有评论:

发表评论