2014年10月20日星期一

Silver Object Project (Part I)

Date: 23rd September 2014
Day: Tuesday
Time: 4:00-5:00pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Beautiful Rainbow Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Silver Object Project (Part I)

Jayden brought a silver magnet ball to share with his classmates. The children spent some time observing it as it could pick up any metal objects.

I found some cardboard boxes which come in different sizes. I cut it open. I wonder what the children could come out by using silver colour. On the other hand, I also found some silver wrappers from the cereal box.

I divided the 4 girls into 2 groups, while the 8 boys into 3 groups. Each group needed to discuss what they could draw on the cardboard boxes and it could relate to silver colour.

These were the groups and their idea:

-          Thong Xuan & Yi Xuan – a princess in silver dress
-          Huey Xin & Ee Wern – a baby pram
-          Yi Fai & Jayden – a silver racing car
-          Edmund & Adyen – a silver motorcycle
-          Pin Jee, Zen Hong, Kai Heng & Yee Hin – a silver robot

The children chose the sizes of the cardboard boxes that they needed.  I have some magazines in hand for the children to do collage work on their cardboard boxes. Each group started to discuss and draw out the outline of their pictures before they started to ask for materials.

I went round to see their work. I guided and assisted them as some of their pictures were pretty small. It could look more real and nice if it’s big.

Most of the groups manage to draw their outline and some simple collage work. We shall continue tomorrow.


Note: The pictures for this activity were stored in the computer. Unfortunately, it was lost. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

没有评论:

发表评论