2015年3月30日星期一

Eel

Date: 26th March 2015
Day: Thursday
Time: 3:00-4:00pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Beautiful Ocean
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Eel

We had covered quite some common sea creatures in our thematic class. The children said they wanted to know a little about eel and sea turtle. Therefore, I got some reading materials about eel and sea turtle. However, the children agreed that they shall choose a new theme after the sea turtle. I got the children to think about it and let me know on the next day.

I got some facts read up about eel that I found online and I shared it with the children.

Some facts that I had mentioned in the class:-

- eel is a fish. It has gill and fins
- eel likes to hide among the rocks and caves
- eel will travel 4,000 miles away to breed
- an electric eel can generate up to 500 votes (in order to get the children to understand the concept of it, I take an example of a 40 volts light bulbs and get the children to count how many light bulbs can an electric eel light up)

Some of the children requested if they could continue with the colouring of the stingray that they did half way on Tuesday, I agreed.

没有评论:

发表评论