2014年1月28日星期二

Whale Origami

Date: 28th January 2014
Day: Tuesday
Time: 4:00-5:00pm
Class: Starfruit
Theme: Underwater World
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Whale Origami

I prepared some blue colour paper for the children to do the whale origami. I cut the A4 paper into half.

Teacher: What shape is this? (showing them the half A4 paper)
Children: Rectangle.
Teacher: Good. But I need a square. How could I get a square?

Some of the children tried to fold the paper into half again. Some folded further half of the half. However, none of them got a square. It’s amazing that the children wanted to try again and again even though they failed to do so. It’s a good attitude. I gave them a hint by folding a triangle instead.

Children: Teacher, triangle. Not square.
Teacher: I shall cut this extra part away and shall see if we could get a square.
Teacher: (after I had cut it and only holding a triangle) What shape is this?
Children: Triangle.
Teacher: Not square. (They shook their head. Then I unfold the triangle)
Children: Oh, a square. (They were happy to see the square finally)

Then we started by folding the whale origami. To my surprise, most of them understand and tried to fold according to instruction. Therefore, I just took us a while to complete it. Then I pasted the whale origami on a piece of white paper and get the children to tell me what to add in the picture. After that the children had their own pictures coloured. 

Yi Xuan's whale picture.

Jayden's whale picture.


没有评论:

发表评论